Sunday, December 30, 2012

He's Got A Sweet Tooth


One of Lincoln's most developed areas seems to be food. He knows what he likes and he knows what he doesn't like (luckily he likes most things). He also knows what the real goods are: cookies, cake, ice cream and CHOCOLATE! He LOVES chocolate. I made some cookies tonight and gave him a chocolate chip to keep him happy while I mixed the rest in the dough. As I was putting the dough on the sheet a chocolate chip dropped on the floor and he promptly went to pick it up and eat it. These pictures of him enjoying a little bit of batter on the beaters are classic. He licked some of it off and got it all over his hands, but the best part was just seeing his joy in me letting him have this treat. I don't think he got much, but he loved that he was allowed to. 


Funny little story about chocolate: the other day Lincoln found a piece of chocolate on the floor out of the package Melissa had sent us from Poland. It was chocolate on the outside with a creamy filling layered with strawberry gelatin type filling. It was about the size of one of those Hersey's Treasures. Anyways, he opened the foil and took a big bite out of it. He came into the living room where Sean and I were sitting with the rest of the chocolate in hand and the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face. He was giddy! Like jumping and laughing. He climbed up on the couch and we just watched him eat the rest. The joy on his face was priceless. We could tell he was so proud of himself for opening the candy on his own and getting to eat it all by himself. I made sure it was his only treat for the day, but it sure was worth it! :)


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new family photo! It makes me smile every time I look at it! Hope you guys are doing well! Glad to know I am not the only one who magically gets diapers in the washing machine! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete