Friday, May 27, 2011

Just Reflecting

This past weekend Melissa went through the temple for the first time. It was a special experience to be there with her, my parents, and also my husband--all at once. It reminded me of my mission preparation and tons of memories flooded of going shopping for my missionary clothes, getting shots, and then those final days of packing and experiencing a mild anxiety attack for the first time. (Yeah, I was nervous!) How did I actually leave for 18 months. It almost seemed like such a short experience in whole, but then really long at the same time. It seems really long when I think about how much my family members changed while I was gone. It's also boggling to realize that a tumor was growing inside my mom's brain while I was away--and no one ever knew. So much can happen so fast.
Upon approaching a year being home back in February I remember thinking a lot about how that past year had been probably the most eventful year of my entire life. I got engaged, married, and found out I was pregnant. I graduated from college. I worked 3 different jobs. Sean worked 2. My mom was diagnosed with brain cancer. If that's not eventful, then I don't want to know what is! :) Granted, most of these changes were eagarly welcomed, but there is still an adjustment period that comes afterwards!
All in all, what I know is that life somtimes comes at you really fast. And sometimes it also comes at you really slow. We're often learning how to adjust to rapid changes or possibly how to have patience for the right timing. I will admit that I'm looking forward to hopefully having some consistancy for a while, which is what I feel like Sean and I have really been developing over the last few months as we've settled more into our place, made it our own, and gotten more aquainted with the people that live by us. We also both feel more settled in our jobs and Sean is feeling confidant in what his goals are for school. Having a place that really feels like home makes a big difference.
Anyways, these thoughts are a bit random, but I like being able to reflect a little bit and put them into actual words. I'm grateful for special experiences that sort of help you piece things together and help you to learn from your life's events. Even if they are only tiny pieces of understanding.

and P.S. I'm actually starting to feel the baby move and be able to recognize it! To be honest, it feels like gas, but when I'm not actually gassy I know that there's a little leg or arm in there tapping me to remind me he's in there! :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a really special moment! It reminds me of the time I went through the temple and it was the day before Jace went into the MTC... my WHOLE family was there with Russ and everything. It's what heaven will be like, I'm confident of it! :) We need to get together soon cousin, especially now that you're a little more settled :)

    ReplyDelete