Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby Book Entry

This morning I was thinking about how I needed to be good at recording milestones of my baby's life. Having a baby book that I write in all the time seemed a little too ambitious for me considering that everything is either online or digital--and I'm no scrapbooker! Putting it on the blog seemed like it would work. Let's just hope the internet is still around years from now! ;) So, my posts about Lincoln might not be terribly interesting anyone that reads this, but that's not the only reason to blog, right?



Anyways, Lincoln has been here for 1 week. It has been wonderful! So far he is extremely content. It is very easy to make him happy. He eats very well. He usually nurses for a while and then decides he's done. But 20 minutes later he decides he's still hungry and wants to eat again. After that he's officially done. This is probably the only thing I can complain about because when he started doing this in the middle of the night I would have already laid back down, and then he'd decide he was hungry again so I'd have to get back up and get all ready to feed him. Now I've learned my lesson to just hold him and pat his back for those 20 minutes til he's ready again. He loves to be burped. He must know when he's gassy because even if he hasn't just barely eaten he still calms down when we pat his back. So far he's not too fond of lying flat on his back on either the bed, his pack and play, or in the crib. He likes a little cushion. He seems more content at a slight angle in his swing. And his most favorite is on mine or Sean's chests. Makes sense since I know I'm especially cushy right now! He's also been very good about letting us get decent sleep through the night. Last night Sean fed him around 2 and then he didn't wake up again to eat til almost 7. I have been very impressed. I gave him his first bath yesterday--meaning that I filled up the little pink bin thing the hospital gave me with water and sat his bum in it. He actually liked it.

He seems really happy to be here. Maybe his little spirit was just so anxious to be here finally that's why he decided to come early--but not too early to make sure he would be healthy enough. This could also explain why I got pregnant 2 weeks after stopping birth control pills. Little Lincoln was ready to go! We are so happy he's here! Our home feels even more like heaven now that he is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment