Wednesday, October 19, 2011

He's grown!


Lincoln has definitely grown! He's 3 and a half weeks old. When he was born he was just so small he seemed to be weightless or something. The last day or two I feel like I'm actually carrying a real baby. I can tell that the next few months will be a lot of fun as we watch him turn into his own little person.

As he gets bigger, Sean and I are just getting progressively more exhausted. The first two weeks Lincoln slept like 3 or 4 hours at a time, so it seemed like we were in baby heaven. Over time he has slowly moved into his current pattern where he sleeps 2 hour straight. So he'll wake up, I'll feed him which might last 45 min or so, then he may be awake for another hour depending on the time of day, and then he'll go back to sleep. This makes for sleep depriving nights because unless I get to sleep like 2 second after him I will barely get 2 hours straight--and that's no way to stay rested! Needless to say I'm getting a little nervous about starting work next week under these conditions. Luckily I'll only be working on Wednesday, so that gives us one more week to hope that Lincoln will sleep longer at night! haha... seems like a long shot, but I'll take anything I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment