Saturday, December 17, 2011

Not All Fun and Games

The truth is. . . sometimes being new parents is really hard. So far there are two main reasons why: the first one is no surprise and can basically be summed up by saying that you get a severe case of sleep deprivation and there is no turning back. There are a lot of ways life can be crazy when you're sleep deprived. The second is more complicated, but can also be summed up in a few short words: Sean and I have not been on a date since Lincoln was about 2 weeks old. Did I think this would happen? No. I actually thought that I would be more dedicated to us trying to find more time to spend together, but I haven't had time. :) Since we both work and no one else is ever home with Lincoln we spend roughly 50 to 60 hours a week apart from eachother. Add the time Sean goes to school. Then add the fact that the majority of the time when we are in the house at the same time is when we're both asleep. That makes for very little leftover time. The past several weeks we've initiated "Family Night". . . sort of FHE, but it mostly just means that we decide to spend the evening together doing whatever we want. Half of these nights we've ended up falling asleep watching TV together. So its basically family nap night. :)

But, all of this is about to change next week when we are hoping to get a night out for Christmastime! I'm very much looking forward to it! Could I be more proactive about making this happen more often? Of course . . . I know I have several people who would love to babysit! It just takes energy to make it happen. As much as I'm looking forward to going out this next week, I keep wondering what the heck I'm gonna wear! In case anyone wants to know: my normal clothes still don't fit! :( Just ignore the fact that I'm still wearing my maternity jeans and trying to pretend that I'm not. Maybe exercising will be the next thing I'll try to add to my life! :)

1 comment:

  1. Meg - please call me anytime you need a night off with Sean. Really - I'm more than happy to babysit Lincoln. Please don't be shy - you deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete