Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Scratch That!

Janurary 1st I posted about how I just wanted to live this year with normalacy and very little change. Well, it's only the 24th and it seems like I can't get away from a hecktic life. Sean and I dedided to make a pretty significant change that I'm actually extremely excited about!
I'M QUITTING MY JOB!! Just put in my notice yesterday!!
Last week was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back. One of the dental assistants recently quit because she found another job. Since she basically just left and didn't give two weeks, I ended up with the job as a dental assistant for two weeks til the new girl started. My days at work were busy and to top it off Sean and I were trying to juggle taking care of Lincoln as well as getting to Sean to work on time at 5. Not to mention both of us actually taking Lincoln to work with us...It was a mess. But it was also just a sort of more extreme version of what we really do every week. We realized that we are exhausted and overloaded. Sean realized that he couldn't be spread so thin. His goals are to move up in the Texas Roadhouse company. He is constantly talking to the managers about how he can make this happen, but last week he realized that because he's home 3 days a week or more with Lincoln he doesn't really have time or flexibility. Add full time school to that mix and you've got one overwhelmed dude. I was feeling like the stress that my job was adding to his life was just not working out because his career is our priority, therefore, we needed to treat it as such. So, in the end we realized that between Pell Grants, our Tax Return and hopefully minimal student loans, we will be able to make ends meet for this year if I stay home. Sean will be working 40 hours a week to impress his managers as well as taking 13 credits. Luckily, the dentist office is letting me come in for about 6 hours a week to just scan documents for them (something that desperately needs to be done) and then I'll be the sub if anyone goes out of town or gets sick. This is sooo much more manageable.
I can't tell you the sense of relief that I feel. Now that the burden is about to be lifted...well it will be completely lifted in about two weeks after I train my replacement... I feel like we will be able to focus on what's most important to us. I'm so looking forward to being able to stay home, take care of Lincoln (and Sean), and clean up our house that became a total diasaster after a crazy week last week.
Now I know for sure that 2012 is going to be a fantastic year!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! How happy. I think that will make such a difference. You deserve to stay home with that little baby! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! i echo Camille :) Let's catch up soon, yeah?

    ReplyDelete