Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sean is 24

Our little family at breakfast time.
Today was Sean's birthday. To date, it was the best birthday he has ever had. His words, not mine. And let me tell you, it really was amazingly perfect. I'm not proud, but even the green bug of jealously got me for a few minutes. It started with Sean waking up and me making breakfast for him. He came downstairs to some balloons and a little banner--an extra touch that I thought would be fun. I made sprinkle cake pancakes from a recipe that I found on none other than Pinterest itself. :) They were super good btw. Afterwards Lincoln was a little cranky and tired so we all got in our bed and took a nap for about an hour and a half. We woke up at 1:30 and decided to go to the mall. Yesterday I discovered that we qualified for an upgrade on one of our cell phones. We found out that if we resigned our contract, Sean could get an iPhone 3G for ninety-nine cents. He was very excited because he has been using a dinky flip phone that cost 10 bucks at Walmart since last August when his old phone got wet. After we got back from the mall Sean's mom was waiting at our house to pick up Lincoln and babysit him while Sean and I had a little date for the evening. We were planning to go see this movie called "In Time" at the dollar theatre. Unexpectedly when we got there we found out that they no longer were showing that movie as of yesterday. Oops...I blew that one. So, needless to say we were very disappointed as we sat in the car with about 3 hours to kill and not a clue what to do. We couldn't afford anything too fancy, cuz our money was already going towards presents and a nice dinner. My dad happened to call while we were sitting there and he noticed that I sounded kind of disappointed about something. I told him what was up and then we hung up. We went to the mall to walk around when my dad called back and said that he would give us $100 bucks to go do whatever we wanted for the rest of the day. That's when this day went from good to spectacular!
We decided to go to the Cinemark and see what was playing. Sean was interested in seeing the new movie "John Carter". We got to the theatre 3 minutes after the movie time was scheduled. So we went for it. Sean loved the movie. It even made him cry in one part. At this point in our story I want to make a little sidenote about why I love Sean so much and it's all explained in why he cried. Since we have been married Sean has cried 3 times. And they were all basically for the same reason. He cried today during a scene where John Carter returns home from war to find his house burned down and his wife and child lying dead inside. He buries them himself. The other time he cried during Benajmin Button when he lost his opportunity to raise his daughter. And finally he also cried during Meet the Robinsons for a similar reason (i'm not exactly sure, I fell asleep at the end of the movie). Sometimes Sean likes to seem a little rough and tough around the edges. He's not fond of talking about his emotions. But when I see him cry in moments like this I realize how much he loves me and the family we have, as well as how much he cherishs being a daddy. A day doesn't go by without Sean telling me he loves me and appreciates me, but I can't help but be touched when I see him become emotional over something so simple. There is a difference between hearing it said and holding onto him as it's felt.  Anyways, being able to go out to a movie totally changed our day (Thanks Dad!). 
Afterwards we went back home to get primped up to go out to PFChangs. Sean was given a gift card to eat there from one of the managers at work, so we had been planning to go there on his birthday for a few weeks. We went there one other time on my birthday last year and really enjoyed it. It was super delicious. Have you had their chocolate cake? To. Die. For. I couldn't help but eat a little bit of gluten just to have some. OMG it was soo good. We left there on a high note with Sean's fortune cookie telling him "Keep up the good work. You will be rewarded in the coming month." Promotion? I hope so...but Sean's not supersticious like that... haha. I'm not sure I am either, but I liked this fortune a lot! :)

Wearing his riding jacket.

After dinner we drove up to Alpine to pick up Lincoln from Sean's parent's house. He was happy as a clam and bouncing around like crazy. We chatted with them and got Link ready for bed before we left. Sean also got a great card from them as well as another $100 to spend. How could the day get any better? Oh, it did! We got home and had a box waiting on our doorstep that contained scooter stuff Sean had ordered with a $200 rebate giftcard he recieved from the scooter shop. He ordered a super cool riding jacket, sunglasses, and some oil that smells like strawberries. He had been waiting for it to come all week, so this was perfect timing for it to show up. He's wearing his jacket in the pictures. That was the end to a fabulous birthday. He totally deserved it.

Me and the birthday boy!


Sean and Lincoln during breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Happy late Birthday Sean! Glad to hear it was a good one. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete