Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Lincoln at 2 1/2
I just jotted a few things down about Jack. Short and sweet. Lincoln's life and development right now could be an entire novel. He is busy. He is also loud, crazy, curious, annoying, funny, loving, and affectionate. I could spend all day telling you about the crazy things he does and the ways he melts my heart and pushes my buttons, but I don't have time. And it's his fault. I'm nervously writing this as fast as possible waiting to either be interrupted or to hear a crash, bang or scream letting me know that my personal time is over. So here I go with a few bullet points! :)
1. Lincoln could eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for every meal if I let him. He also loves pizza, pasta, yogurt, cheese, orange juice, green beans, chocolate, strawberries, and the list goes on. He's a good eater most of the time.
2. He is potty trained. Even at night. Don't ask me how we did it because he pretty much did it on his own. I did let him run around naked a lot though which got him in the habit of remembering to use the potty, but other than that I have no advice.
3. He LOVES outside. He explores bushes and dirt. He tries to chase the lizards we see. He loves to play on the playground. He has always been extremely coordinated and has literally fallen off of something maybe twice since he was a year old. I rarely feel nervous about him losing his balance when he's climbing because I know he understands his limits.
4. Some days he takes a nap and some days he doesn't. It really just depends on how much sleep he got the night before and whether or nor he lets himself sit still long enough to realize he's tired.
5. He is LOUD. He is always talking or yelling and making noise. He knows a lot of words, and is good at answering questions and telling us what he wants or needs. He is still behind in the communication area in comparison to the average 2 year old. I'm sure he will continue to make progress and everything will even out more soon.
6. Despite being loud and busy there are some days where Lincoln just needs to veg and chill out, especially after a really busy and over-stimulating day. Those days are quiet and mellow. He will just watch movies, eat snacks, take a long nap, and quietly play with dinosaurs, cars or blocks.
7. He's hard to shop with because he begs for everything he sees.
8. He loves balloons and bubbles.
9. He loves all Pixar movies way more than other animated movies.
10. He is a fantastic kisser. He gives kisses to all of us constantly.
11. He loves to wrestle and he is very strong.
12. He LOVES to spin in our office chair.
13. He says "I did it!" whenever he accomplishes something he is proud of.
14. He is very good at telling me he "poot" and needs his bum to be wiped.
15. He is a cuddler.
And I think that about covers it! Despite the fact that lately I've felt at a complete loss of what to do with him because he throws tantrums and is defiant and disobedient, at the end of the day I love him and I know he loves me. If there is one thing that has been successful with him it's that he is good at giving affection and showing that he cares about you. And for that, I am grateful!