Saturday, March 12, 2011

We're Having a BABY!


I am pregnant!! YAY! Most of you who read this have probably heard this through the grapevine some way or another---and if you havent: Surprise! :)

I am currently 10 weeks along and my due date is October 8th! We are very excited! We took that photo of me on February 5th--the day we found out-- pregnancy test and all! Since then I'll admit that my waistline has thickened slightly, I have been nauseated and exhausted among other normal early pregnancy symptoms. I've been very lucky though. It's all been very manageable and I haven't missed any work, thankfully.

Storytime: My family has only known this news since last Sunday. I really wanted to announce my pregnancy to my family in a special way on my mom's birthday, March 5th. It didn't work out for me to be there that day though because I had to go to Florida for some work training. So the next day, March 6th, Sean and I went to my parent's house for dinner. Finally I got up the courage to give my mom her birthday present, enclosed with the surprise. I bought a little necklace shaped like a heart that said 'grandmother' on it. She began opening it, Nate was sitting next to her. She pulled it out, and the more priceless memory was Nate's face. He reads it, looks at me, reads it again with a confused look and says "Grandma?". Melissa instantly said "Are you pregnant?" I said "Yes, I am!" Everyone was pretty shocked to say the least! It was really awesome to see how surprised they were, but how excited they quickly became! It was a really fun birthday surprise!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are very excited for you. Babies are always happy news. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news Megan - so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome way to sharing your news! I love that it was a total surprise. Glad to hear that you are feeling much better too! The ultrasound appt will be amazing, so please share those pictures when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! We are so excited!

    ReplyDelete