Friday, March 18, 2011

Morning People

Can I just say that I am not a morning person!?! I don't like to wake up early, and probably never have minus a few special circumstances. The night before I have an early day I usually have trouble sleeping simply because of the anxiety tied to knowing that my alarm clock is going to go off at the crack of dawn. Often times I wake up with a stomach ache that is unlike any other normal ache. Not like cramps, not like I'm gonna barf... It just hurts for some weird reason. Even when I was in high school I remember starting the day with this weird tummy ache. I have no idea what causes it. And then of course lately when I wake up early I feel nauseated til about 1 o'clock. But if I don't wake up early---no nausea! See why mornings are no fun for me...In general, I usually feel like a zombie from 8am til about lunchtime when I get some more energy in my system.
The only times in my life that I can remember liking to wake up were when during the summer when I would wake up to go run outside. Those days weren't so bad, but they were also accompanied by a completey lazy afternoon with hardly any responsibilities.
Even on my mission I never got 'used' to waking up early. As soon as I got home I slept in til 10 or 11 like a pro... granted, I was insanely exhausted and needed like 2 months to recover.
But anyways, I guess I'm just one of those people that needs her sleep. I'm happier when I get about 9 hours of sleep every night. I don't like feeling stressed about how much sleep I won't be getting when I'm overly booked with responsibilities. I'm telling you... I freak out when I forsee sleepless nights in my future. It's not good.
A rested Megan is a happy Megan. :)

3 comments:

  1. haha I'm totally the same way. I'm sorry you're sick! yuck. What can I do for you? Anything you want to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan!!!! How ARE you?! It's been FOREVER! So there are lots of congrats to give- congrats on the mission, your wedding, and your pregnancy!!! Just a few big things have happened since I last talked to you. :) I hope you're doing well and I'm so glad i found your blog so we can stay in touch now! Get ALL the sleep you can now, b/c you're right- it will disappear before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're the same. I'm not a morning or night person...I'm a sleep person.

    ReplyDelete