Saturday, April 23, 2011

BYU Graduation






Yesterday I WALKED!! Since I technically graduated in December, it was kinda nice to just casually pick up my cap and gown and show up to the Marriot Center without having a psycho week of finals. The ceremony was obviously very long, but afterwards, you're grateful you were a part of it! After I walked across the stage, Sean came down to the bottom where people were allowed to take pictures and I got to go over and give him a hug and take pictures with him. He also surprised me when he snuck up the back ramp out of the Marriot Center where all the graduates go. He got my attention by spanking my butt, which obviously totally freaked me out because I thought "Who the heck is behind me?" Much to my relief it was him! haha. Also, several family members were either able to come to the ceremony or to our house afterwards for dinner. Since my cousin Shayla and I both graduated there were more of us!











I am very grateful for my education. I'm also grateful that my parents made it all possible. BYU treated me well. And although graduation feels like a long time coming with my mission taking place after more than 3/4 of my education. I'm glad that I was finally able to celebrate that time in my life. And I also have to say that I never in a billion years thought that I would graduate from BYU married and pregnant! haha. I'm just glad I'm not 8 months pregnant cuz the graduation gown already made me look huge enough! :)





P.S. Something cute . . . on our drive home from my parents house Sean took a moment to tell me that he was proud of me and glad he married me and as I said "aww... thanks Seany" (or something like that), I leaned my head on his shoulder and he said "aww... are you gonna get all squishy on me." haha... Instead of mooshy! That's our newest inside joke! :)





1 comment: