Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

1. The good: Lincoln officially started crawling on the night of the 31st, and yesterday morning he started off the day crawling around and having a great time. He is also already getting into mischief, and I need to start baby proofing everything asap.


2. The bad: Lincoln has started biting me while nursing. The first few times he did it I yelped in pain and firmly told him 'NO BITING'. He cried. So I did a little reading and decided that next time I would be watching him very closely and as soon as he started to bite down I would stick my finger in his mouth and force him to unlatch. He also cried like I had terribly hurt his feelings. haha. Is he just mad because he's getting caught? I don't know. I just hope he makes it through this phase quickly.

3. The ugly: Lincoln has never been a good sleeper. He had made significant progress sleeping through the night until he started teething. For at least a month he has been waking up every 3 to 4 hours every night. This week has gotten even worse because he also won't take his naps during the day without going down with a serious fight. Last night was bad. He woke up, I fed him, but then he didn't fall back asleep and just progressively became more alert. I was exhausted trying to rock him in the rocking chair, pat his back, etc to help him relax, but nothing was working. I layed him down in the crib for a few minutes to take a break and of course he starts crying etc. I let him cry for a few minutes until I worked up the patience to go back in and deal with him. By this point almost an hour had passed and Sean had woken up as well. I went back in the room and layed Lincoln on the bed to change his diaper at which point I start to tell him that it is the middle of the night and he needs to go back to sleep. I proceeded saying that he was driving me crazy and that I might lose my mind and then eventually my hair and teeth will all fall out. We sat back in the rocking chair and finally he dozed off. Sean heard the whole thing and has not stopped making fun of me for it since we woke up. I guess the hair and teeth thing were a little much. haha. But that's what happens to me in the middle of the night. I pretty much go crazy.


4. The silver lining: When Lincoln woke up again I brought him to bed with us... we both fell asleep again and then he woke up first. He climbed up on me and gave my cheek the most slobbery 'kiss' it's ever seen. Sean happened to see the whole thing in action... I was half asleep and just remember a lot of spit. I'm not sure if Lincoln was trying to show affection or not, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he does really love me afterall. :)

1 comment:

  1. Megs!

    I am so glad I found you! I am terrible at staying in touch via phone, and really wanted to email you but I did not have your new email addy. And since I don't have FB, it makes getting contact info a bit of a search!

    Anyhoo! Found ya, and I would love to get in touch. Hope to hear from you soon!

    Mallory
    Mallory1031 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete