Monday, January 31, 2011

Strange Things Are Happenin'

So I have had a very unexpected turn in the last week and a half. January 20th, I lost my job. It came completely out of the blue. I came back from my lunch break and within 20 minutes was told that I was being let go for reasons that didn't make any sense. That day was heartbreaking. Primarily because I just felt like everything was getting ripped out of my grasp and mine and Sean's opportunity to save money was lost because if I didn't have another paycheck within 6 weeks we would have been completely broke.
Today I got another job. haha. 11 days later. I interviewed for this job last Thursday, was invited back for a 'work' interview this morning, and got hired this evening. I am working as a receptionist at a Pediatric Dentist office. Pretty sweet! I'm really excited about this job! I will also get to speak Spanish often--definitely a great plus!
I really have no idea what was up with this whole little switcharoo! I'm definitely excited, and now I'm grateful because I think I'll like this job even more than my last one! I guess life just sometimes throws you curveballs and you just have to learn to roll with the punches. Maybe in a few months I'll have a long list of reason why i'm do glad this all happened . . . right now I have a few ideas, but we'll see how it goes. I'm just grateful that my unexpected unemployment only lasted 10 days!

3 comments:

  1. The new job sounds great! I'll call you for details. I'm happy your unemployment wasn't very long. more like a short vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a crazy story. I'm glad everything worked out for you though... it's crazy how that happens. I look forward to reading the list of why this job is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so strange - glad it's working out though. Prayers are answered.

    ReplyDelete