Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Job Search


So, I am currently looking for a job. I feel like that comment has a lot of implications because what you should be thinking is "That stinks" or maybe "Good Luck, ;)" (the winky face implies sarcasm). All we know is that it's a dark and scary world out there, and all I know is that I'm trying to become initiated into the 'grown-ups' club that involves professional clothing and hopefully a bi-weekly paycheck.


I'm hoping for a job that is sort of a mix between reception, writing, and marketing. Most of my experience is in writing, editing, and design, but I also have worked in customer service a few times, so I have a decent claim to fame. To me, the idea of actually liking your job seems kind of impossible--but I know I would love a job like the one listed above! In one of my classes this semester I took a test called the MBTI. It's basically a personality test that helps you know what careers would be beneficial for you based on your personal preferences. My second top choice was reception, administrative assistants, legal assistants, and editors. Ironic, eh? And about 15 of the top 20 types of jobs recommended were all within that genre. So I guess that's the support I have to my argument that I WILL like a job like that. :)


Sadly, Sean's faith in college degrees has begun to wane because of my lack of having people begging me to work for them. All I say is "Well, don't be an English major!"

No comments:

Post a Comment