Sunday, December 26, 2010

McKayla's Purse


During Thanksgiving Sean's brother and sister-in-law came to stay with us. His sister-in-law, Chanda, showed me these adorable 'rag-quilt purses' online and told me she wanted to try to make one for her sister. We tried that weekend, but my mom's sewing machine was giving us more grief than it was probably worth. I told Melissa and McKayla about them and McKayla was really excited about the idea of me making one for her for Christmas. Finally the week before Christmas I decided to go buy the fabric (cost me a total of $12) and last Monday night I started sewing. It was magical--the sewing machine worked the whole time and by Wednesday night I was wrapping a cute little purse with a even a zipper and a cute flower on it. It was a really fun project--probably one of the coolest things I've ever sewn-- and I was really excited for McKayla to see it! Luckily, she really loved it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment