Thursday, December 2, 2010

Last Minute Job Interview-- My Prayers Were Answered


Last night I got on CraigsList and KSL.com to apply for another round of jobs. This morning at 9am my phone rang. We were still totally in bed, and I was pretty much asleep but as soon as I saw the unknown number I perked up a bit hoping it was a call for an interview. And of course, I did the whole throat clearing and slightly higher pitched voice as I answered the phone trying to make it sound like I hadn't been sleeping less than a minute before. "This is Megan..." They had recieved my resume and wanted me to come in for an interview in about an hour and a half. at 10:30 I got to the Utah Chamber of Commerce office and was quickly invited in with the President for my interview. We chatted about my college experience during which I brought up wanting to be a teacher for a while and also wanting to attend law school for a while--of course I would bring that up because I was applying for a job as a paralegal, right? But the interview took an unexpected turn when he asked me if I had public relations experience. With a confused look on my face, I realized that I wasn't here for the job I thought I was and asked, "Isn't this for a job as a paralegal?" Nope. He pulled up the sheet with the job description on it, and I instantly recognized the description as one I had also applied for--it was the location that threw me off: there are lawyers that work in the same building. Awkward!! But, luckily we were able to nicely recover, because I had all the qualifications for this job as well, which mostly was writing and editing etc. Phew! He loved the fact that I had served a mission; Spanish was a plus.

Then eventually he commented how I was the first person they decided to interview. He picked up a stack of probably 20 resumes and told me that mine was the only one that stood out to him for some reason. Well, duh? It's cuz I prayed and asked God for help and for someone to be inspired to hire me. :) To be honest, I probably did look pretty shocked when he said that-- cuz I was! It turned out to be the best interview ever! He had a lot of confidence in me, asked me to meet with the girl I will hopefully replace, and told me he'd call tomorrow! If I get this job all my dreams will come true! Needless to say, I walked out of there pretty excited and talked Sean's ear off about how awesome this was! I just can't wait til tomorrow to see if it's really meant to work out! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. Hey congratulations! They would be crazy not to hire you. You are one qualified chica.

    ReplyDelete