Sunday, December 26, 2010

This Christmas


This being my first Christmas home from my mission as well as my first Christmas was Sean, I was really bummed this week when I found out that Sean was scheduled to work Christmas Eve, but for his sake it ended up working out well because I ended up spending the whole day cooking Christmas Eve dinner while everyone finished up last minute things like wrapping presents, even going shopping, and I think Melissa ran to the grocery store like 4 times to get stuff we had forgot. Luckily it's only a 3 minute drive. Everything turned out well. I was exhausted. I made orange rolls, raspberry jello crunch, sweet potatoes, a dark chocolate cheesecake, wassil, mashed potatoes, broccoli and carrots and helped my dad with a turkey. Whew. It was crazy. And it all turned out delicious. And I have no idea what Sean would have done while I was doing all of that, so I guess it was good he was busy.
Christmas morning was really fun! Sean and I happened to be the first ones to get up and when we did we immediately ran down to the basement to tackle awake all the rest of my siblings. He tackled and I took pictures. My favorite ones are of McKayla--so candid. Our first Christmas together was a blast. We had a good time opening presents, watching movies, and relaxing. I'm really glad we decided to spend Christmas with my family so that I was able to still make it fun for everyone by helping making yummy food, shopping, and wrapping the gifts. My mom is doing okay. She finished another treatment of radiation recently. I'm not totally sure if that's whats caused her ravishing appetite, but she literally wants to eat everything in sight---especially if it's sweet. My grandma has hid every box of treats neighbors have brought because it would all be gone in a day if my mom could get her hands on it. haha. Not surprisingly, it's hard to see her this way. Especially during Christmas when in the past it's her time to shine with all of her wonderful homemaking skills. But I'm happy she's doing okay, that she's not in pain, and that she was able to have a good time with all of us. It was a wonderful day!
PS: How does McKayla manage to make the best facial expressions? Geez...
Hope ya'll had a great holiday!!

1 comment:

  1. those rolls look really really good. and Mc's face is awesome. haha. love Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete