Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Future Life

Hello. So I have a few updates! I got a job! Not the job you're thinking! It's not the one at the Chamber of Commerce. It's working for a place in Alpine called the Business Planning Company. I had my second interview with them yesterday, and they hired me on the spot--which was quite a shock. Since last Friday I've been waiting and waiting to hear from the Chamber of Commerce to find out if they made a decision. Finally I got a hold of them yesterday, only to find out that yes, they had made a decision, but it wasn't me. Sad day. After 4 days, obviously my odds weren't looking good, but it was still disappointing, and I may have shed a tear. Ironically, I got a hold of them on my way to interview at this company in Alpine. So I had to buck up, move on, and put a big smile on my face, even though I was really disappointed. Anyways, they asked me to work for them! I start Friday! I'm excited. Although this job is no where near my dream job after getting my English degree, I still have a good feeling about it. I feel like being hired there to work at a place so close to my family is sort of part of God's plan for my future. I was getting really excited about the prospect of possibly working a job that was perfect for my degree, but I think that God has something else in mind. He's found a way for me to be able to make money as well as be a lot closer to my family so that I can be of more help. Because honestly, there aren't many places to work in Alpine other than Dr offices or Kohlers, so the likelihood of that happening is pretty low. I have a good feeling that there is a specific reason for me to work in this location, and I guess that will have to make up for my disappointment over not working a job where I will be doing a lot of writing and editing. But, I have a job. I will have a paycheck. Sean and I won't starve. And I'll be close to my family. All in all, it's definitely a blessing.

Moving on... I got quite of bit of work done last night for my finals, which was awesome! But sadly, today I woke up with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and plugged up ears. Sean has had a sore throat and a cough for like a week and a half, so I guess it was only a matter of time. Bummer. However, this photo opportunity made me laugh really hard this morning: today was supposed to be Sean's day off and was supposed to be a day to lounge, but someone just asked him to work for them tonight, so he's gonna do it for overtime. But anyways, when we got up he put on my sweatpants and then decided to make his gettup more odd my putting on my robe. I'm wearning his PJ pants though cuz he took my pants... but I love this picture! I put it on his facebook for like 5 minutes for fun and laughed the whole time! He made me take it off when he realized I was totally serious! haha! This is definitely one of those weird newlywed photos. :)

My final topic: Christmas! I'm getting super excited! Because my mom can't really go shopping I've been able to help with a lot of the Christmas gift ideas for my siblings which is SO fun! I don't know why, but I love thinking of things to give people, especially my siblings! I feel like Santa or something! Melissa and I are going to go shopping for a few more things this week! I can't wait til I have a few little kids that are just elated my the magic of Christmas time. We're gonna have too much fun! Anyways, I'm also really excited to spend Christmas with Sean. Its our first Christmas together and I'm so excited to just hang around the house, make treats, listen to music, and enjoy family time. It's gonna be great!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job Megan!!! A job is a job. And I totally understand about having to shift what you thought was best for you -- if you need to talk to anyone about that, I'm the girl! High-rollin' important job in San Francisco? Nope, how bout a chaotic small firm in San Antonio. Haha. Talk about adjustments. But somehow, it is working out and I am happy. It's like the Lord has everything under control or something :)

    ALSO .... sorry, long comment... we are coming to Highland for Christmas to be w/Russ's family! I want to come by and see y'all if that's alright. Just thought I would give ya some warning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, true. I'm getting more and more excited the more I realize that I'm not looking for a job anymore--that's a relief! And my first day is Friday so I get to start making money right away! yay! We'll see where it takes me...

    I heard that y'all were coming! (ps... you said y'all in your comment...haha... you're becoming a Texan!!) Anyways, I'll be super excited to see ya! How long will you be here for? Sean and I will pretty much be in Highland all of Christmas weekend... Just let me know what your plans are for your trip! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan! I found your blog. First of all, congratulations on the job. It sounds perfect for you and I'm sure the Lord had a hand in it all (as he does in most everything!) Also, thank you for sharing your feelings and thoughts about all the challenges surrounding your sweet Mom. I can't pretend to know how hard it is for you all, but I just want you to know that you are doing a great job as a daughter and sister. Thank you for your example. We'll see you soon!
    Aunt Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavenly Father sure has a way of teaching us what's best for us doesn't he :). I'm so glad the job is working out. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete